- A domestic reported in the city at 12:39 a.m. Tuesday turned out to be a verbal dispute between a man and woman. There was no physical violence.
- A resident in the 400 block of South Broadway Avenue reported at 11:17 p.m. Monday that an unknown female went in a residence two doors down asking for drugs and then smacked his girlfriend's vehicle with her hand on the window. Officers saw a handprint on the window. The female said she did not hit the window but they did have a verbal confrontation. She left for the night.
- Police were called for an unruly juvenile at 10:41 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of West 13th Street where a woman said she had an argument with her son and permitted him to go to a friend's house to calm down, but would not let him drive his truck. He was told he needs to listen to her and to walk to his friend's house or go to his room. He decided to go to his room.
- A man on Franklin came to the police station at 10:34 p.m. Monday to report being threatened, but left before officers arrived to talk with him.
- Fireworks were reported at 9:20 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of West 13th Street, but nothing was heard.
- A breaking and entering was reported at 8:25 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Lincoln Avenue where a man reported a former roommate entered and took some of her belongings. He was told it's a civil matter.
- An officer responded at 7:37 p.m. Monday to the 1000 block of East Fourth Street for a request for a woman to speak to an officer. She was told her complaint was civil.
- A woman in the 700 block of Pershing Street reported at 7:23 p.m. Monday that her daughter's father was following her around the city and walking past her residence. No threats had been made toward her. She was told her options.
- Police were called at 4:03 p.m. Monday to the 700 block of Third Street for a child riding a motorcycle on the sidewalk. Nothing was located, but a man was found who admitted to riding on the sidewalk. He was told about the complaint.
- Police were advised at 1:32 p.m. Monday by Stark County Children Services that they were investigating a sex abuse case reported to have occurred in Salem a few years ago and is now being reported.
- A neighbor dispute was reported at 12:52 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East Third Street where a man said his neighbor from Rose Avenue walks past his residence trying to get him to fight and is making threats against his dog. The neighbor told police the dog is too close to the sidewalk and is going to bite someone. Both were told to stay away from each other.
- Police were called at 10:45 a.m. Monday for an alleged aggressive dog in a parked car with the windows down in the Salem Community Hospital parking lot. A man was walking by and said the dog lunged out and tried to bite him on the arm. An officer spoke to hospital security and they were trying to locate the owner.
- A caller at 10:11 a.m. Monday reported two pit bull dogs chasing people and running loose. The dog owner denied the problem and was told to keep the dogs on her property with a tie or leash.
- A resident in the 1300 block of West State Street called police at 6:43 a.m. Tuesday regarding loud parties going on at a neighbor's house. She was told to call when the problem occurs.
- Police were called at 8:01 p.m. Monday to the area of Snyder Road and South Lincoln Avenue for a suspicious person messing with cars on a semi trailer. An officer arrived and spoke to an employee of Precision Motor Transport Co. who said they were moving cars from the semi trailer due to the driver not being able to make the run.
- Officers on patrol at 11:43 a.m. Monday found a large amount of garbage illegally dumped on Egypt Road at the intersection of Painter Road. The road department was notified.
- An officer on patrol at 11:57 a.m. Monday noticed a woman sitting on a guardrail on Pidgeon Road with several items. She said she got into an argument with her boyfriend while driving and he had thrown her out of the vehicle along with her belongings. She was attempting to get a ride to Washingtonville. She said no violence occurred and this was not the first time it had happened.
GOSHEN POLICE DISTRICT
- Larry D. Vines Sr., 62, Youngstown, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated and possession of marijuana during an OVI Task Force checkpoint on Mahoning Avenue in Youngstown at 11:48 p.m. Saturday.
- Joshua W. Cehrs, 26, 31154 Winona Road, Salem, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated following a traffic stop for traveling left of center on U.S. Route 62 near Duck Creek Road at 2:28 a.m. Sunday.
- Hayle Maire Baird, 18, 9636 S. Duck Creek Road, Salem, was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence after police responded to her home at 6:37 p.m. Sunday where she allegedly attacked her aunt, knocking her to the ground while punching and kicking her, before leaving the scene. The aunt refused medical treatment. Baird turned herself in at the Mahoning County Justice Center Monday afternoon.
- An Apple Ridge Road man reported at 5:30 p.m. Saturday his ex-fiance came over and, seeing another woman in the house, began yelling, screaming and swearing. She also threw a chair and knocked over a planter.
- Several complaints were received at 39933 Crestview Road regarding people riding dirt bikes and ATVs, causing a lot of noise and dust.
- A caller reported at 7:18 p.m. Monday there were several "undesirables" smoking dope under the Canton Bridge on the Greenway Trail.
- An Applegrove Apartments resident reported Monday $15 was taken from her a month ago, and she has already advised her caseworker.
- The highway patrol asked police at 7 p.m. Monday to be on the lookout for a white Malibu driving recklessly from state Route 11 into town.
- The sheriff's office notified police they were sending an ambulance crew to the gravel pit on state Route 154 at 5:28 p.m. Monday after being told a bulldozer operator was injured after being struck in the leg by a tree limb.
- An East Chestnut Street woman reported Monday afternoon there was a Blazer again blocking the alley where she lives near McKinley Elementary. She said the person does this while picking up a child from school. Police arrived and advised the driver of the complaint.