- An officer responded to a report of a possible sick raccoon near a storm drain in the 500 block of North Ellsworth Avenue at 6:41 Saturday but was unable to find any animal. The officer also checked the 500 block of North Lincoln Avenue but was unable to find the animal.
- An East Third Street resident reported on station at 8:34 p.m. Saturday that his windshield had been struck by a projectile while he was southbound on South Lincoln Avenue near Aetna Street. The damage was consistent to that of a BB. The resident said it may have been fired from a passing northbound vehicle.
- Officers responded to the 400 block of Ash Street at 10:48 p.m. Saturday where a woman reported a possible prowler. The officers found evidence that someone had been there but were unable to find anyone.
- Police responded to domestic dispute at a Newgarden Avenue home at 12:13 a.m. Sunday and found it to be a verbal argument only.
- Scott E. Ellis, 49, 1980 Oak St., Salem, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated and cited for failure to control following a traffic stop for speed at 12:37 a.m. Sunday in the 1700 block of East State Street in which he allegedly struck a stop sign with his vehicle.
- Officers responded to a 500 block East Fifth Street home at 1:08 a.m. Sunday for a report of a burglary in progress, but were unable to find anyone in the home. The complainant said a family member may have left a light on earlier that evening.
- An officer responded to the 100 block of Park Drive at 1:45 a.m. Sunday for a report of criminal mischief and found a vehicle that had been covered in solar lights.
- Kenneth J. Adams, 29, 821 E. Fourth St., Salem, was arrested on an active warrant out of the Mahoning County Sheriff's Office following a traffic stop in the 400 block of East Third Street at 2:20 a.m. Sunday in which he was a passenger.
- A 400 block Woodland Avenue resident reported at 9:26 a.m. Sunday that someone overnight had damaged some yard decorations.
- Police responded to a report of criminal damaging in the 600 block of Woodland Avenue at 11:36 a.m. Sunday.
- Sharon Donnelly, 66, Spillway Road, was westbound on West Chestnut Street at about 3:47 p.m. Saturday, when Michael Bowman, 21, South Park Avenue, struck her from behind. Bowman told police he was distracted by an object in the vehicle. He was cited with assured clear distance.
- Maria Jackson, no address listed, reported an ongoing assault between a man and woman in an alley west of South Lincoln Avenue at 6:59 p.m. Saturday.
- A patrolman found graffiti at 2:12 a.m. Sunday done in gray paint on a stop sign at the intersection of Pine and Jefferson.
- A disabled vehicle was found stopped at Lincoln Way and Thomas Road at 8:25 p.m. Saturday. Police assisted.