- A man came to the police station at 3:20 p.m. Wednesday to report a known male making threats towards him about his ex-girlfriend who is now the girlfriend of the male. The male wanted to see him after work. He was told to contact the police if a problem comes up.
- Officers were called at 3:05 p.m. Wednesday to the 700 block of East Fourth Street where multiple puppies were escaping from a back yard fence. The dogs were placed on the front porch and the owner called by a family member to secure the puppies.
- Police responded at 10:02 a.m. Wednesday to a medical call that turned into a dispute in the 400 block of East Seventh Street where a woman said she injured her foot and needed medical attention, but refused to be transported to the hospital while a family member was present at her residence. Officers spoke with the family member and he left. The woman was taken to Salem Community Hospital by KLG and the children left with her husband.
- A dog was reported at large in the 1300 block of North Ellsworth Avenue at 9:48 a.m. Wednesday. The dog was found and the owner responded to take possession.
- Grace Gilbert, of Aetna Street, reported at 7 a.m. Wednesday that an unknown person entered her unsecured vehicle while it was parked on Jennings Avenue and removed $6 worth of loose change.
- A barking dog was reported at 2:22 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of Aetna Street, but no barking was heard by the responding officer.
- A male juvenile was reported kicking and punching a vehicle in the east Butech lot in the 500 block of South Ellsworth Avenue at 1:33 a.m. Wednesday. An officer found a dirty footprint on one side of the vehicle. The juvenile reportedly left in a dark vehicle with a neon plate bracket and loud exhaust. The vehicle could not be found.
- Elliot Crank, 18, of 990 N. Ellsworth Ave., was charged with underage consumption and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle after police were called to a private property accident at 1:18 a.m. Wednesday at the property where he resides. His mother reported that her son took his grandfather's 1991 Chevy S-10 pickup without permission and crashed it into a tree in the back yard, causing front-end damage to the truck. The truck was owned by Earl Smith. While on the scene, police found an active warrant for a female. Samantha A. Kaiser, 35, of 799 Salineville Road West, Salineville, was taken into custody for an active warrant out of Columbiana County and turned over to a deputy sheriff.
- A caller reported a car carrier being driven recklessly at 12:32 a.m. Wednesday near Burger King on East State Street. The vehicle was not found, but Washingtonville Police were notified since the vehicle was traveling east.
- A woman in the 100 block of South Howard Avenue reported at 6:16 p.m. Tuesday that her door was damaged recently and it appeared someone tried to gain entry.
- City police were called at 3:24 p.m. Tuesday to assist Perry Township Police with a call where two brothers were having an argument. The township handled the situation.
- A woman came to the police station at 2:02 p.m. Tuesday to report problems that her 16-year-old daughter was having with a male in Salem.
- A woman in the 100 block of Woodland Avenue reported at 12:51 p.m. Tuesday that she has custody of her 2-year-old grandson and her daughter, who is the child's mother, came to the residence and accused the child of being abused. The child was present and the officer confirmed the child appeared happy and there were no signs of the accusation observed.
- Police checked for a reckless driver at 12:18 p.m. Tuesday near the duck pond exit and Seventh Street. The vehicle was not located.
- A woman in the 700 block of South Lundy Avenue reported at 8:23 a.m. Tuesday that she found a handwritten note from an unknown person in her mailbox making threats toward her and her dog. The note did not mention anything else but hearing the dog. She said she knows police were in her neighborhood a few days ago driving slowly, but her dog was inside. She said the dog only barks sometimes when he's out front chained up and people come around or when inside and someone comes to the door. A warning tag had been left at a neighbor's residence. She said the barking dog is on Aetna, not on their street.
- Susan Allen, East Lincoln Way, asked for help after locking her keys in the car Tuesday.
- A caller reported Tim Crowe was riding an ATV in the vicnity of South Lincoln Avenue at 6:36 p.m. Tueday.
- Barb Davis reported seeing five juveniles who appeared to be under the age of 10 walking unsupervised on North Beaver Street at 10 p.m. Tuesday.