- Firefighters responded to Yuhanick's Cleaners, 121 E. State St., at 9:17 a.m. Monday after a police officer noticed flames and smoke coming from the front wall of the business. The smoke was coming from the corner of the structure. The exterior casing from the downspout was removed and fire was found which had started at the ground and spread to other structural components of the casing. The fire was extinguished, with damages estimated at $1,000. The cause was undetermined and was contained to the point of origin outside.
- Police and firefighters responded to Essex on Bentley Drive for an alarm at 7:20 p.m. Sunday which was determined accidental.
- The fire department was called to the home of Paul Gresh, Pritchard Avenue, in regard to a flooded basement at 5:22 p.m. July 22.
- The fire department responded to a report of smoke near state Route 11 at 8:26 p.m. July 26, which turned out to be a farmer burning brush off state Route 154.
- The fire alarm went off at the Columbiana County Jail at 5:48 a.m. July 24, which turned out to be an alarm malfunction.