LISBON - A Wellsville man suffered burn-related injuries after his vehicle caught fire in Lisbon late Wednesday.
Joshua Clarkson, Johnson Place, Wellsville, had burns on the right side of his body and was transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital by KLG, the Columbiana County Sheriff's Department said.
The fire was reported to deputies at 11:03 p.m. Wednesday, where they found the vehicle engulfed in flames in an alley behind Brookfield Avenue.
Clarkson told deputies he was visiting friends up the street and started having car issues. He got out to look for the problem, lit a lighter so he could see better and the car caught fire, probably due to a gas leak.
A passenger, Andrew Strezze, was not injured.
The Lisbon Fire Department responded to extinguish the vehicle, a 1998 Saturn.