Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE DEPT. REPORTS

October 7, 2013
Salem News

Firefighters responded to 186 Howard Ave. at 2:49 p.m. Saturday where the resident advised he shut the main breaker switch and gas to the residence off and there was still power to the stove. The stove was unplugged and sparking was found to be a faulty igniter for a burner. Gas to the stove was shut off and the resident was advised not to use it and to call the landlord. The issue will be forwarded to the housing inspector.

Firefighters responded to 861 Highland Ave. at 4:45 p.m. Friday for a kitchen fire that was extinguished when they arrived. A thermal imaging camera was used to check the area and returned with normal readings. The homeowner was advised to check the area regularly throughout the night.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web