- Officers responded to a Newgarden Avenue home at 11:08 a.m. Friday where the residents reported their son had attempted to ingest all of his medications at once. He was voluntarily transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- Police responded to a 300 block North Ellsworth Avenue home at 11:12 a.m. Friday where the resident reported someone overnight had stolen a DVD player from the home.
- Officers responded to the Centennial Park area at 4:30 p.m. Friday for a report of people blowing the horns on their vehicles. They were advised to stop.
- Police responded to a report of a pig running loose in the area of Rose Avenue and East Fourth Street at 5:44 p.m. Friday, but were unable to find the animal.
- An officer responded to a 100 block North Ellsworth Avenue home at 5:47 p.m. Friday where a resident reported someone overnight had thrown eggs at the front window or shot it with a paintball.
- Mark Knight Jr., 26, 435 N. Ellsworth Ave., Salem, was arrested at an East School Street home at 1:23 p.m. Friday on an active warrant out of the department for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
- A 1600 block East State Street resident reported at 3:24 p.m. Friday that someone had toiletpapered the side of the home and car.
- A patrolling officer observed a suspicious vehicle at Centennial Park at 12:54 a.m. Saturday. The officer spoke with the occupants and warned them to move along.
- A patrolling officer observed two suspicious vehicles at the Salem Community Center at 2:03 a.m. Saturday. The drivers said they were just talking and agreed to leave.
- Police responded to the Salem Community Hospital Emergency Room at 4:59 a.m. Saturday for a report of an assault victim. The victim was intoxicated and had visible injuries to the face, forehead and side of the head. He did not wish to speak to officers. A friend said the incident occurred at a Salem Commons apartment on Lexington Avenue.
- Police responded to an Elm Street business at 7:08 a.m. where an employee had an active warrant issued against him. Witnesses said the employee fled on foot when he saw the officers. His lunchbox containing several contraband items was confiscated.
-An employee of D'Lux Motors reported vandalism to the building and the vehicles on the lot at 9:19 a.m. Friday.
-Roberta Kendall, Salem, was in line at Dunkin Donuts at 9:35 a.m. Friday when she realized she was in the wrong lane and, while backing up, struck Shannon Baker, Columbiana.
- An employee of Columbiana Ford called at 4:43 p.m. Friday regarding harassing telephone calls from a bill collector.
- Police were called behind United Rentals at 7:25 p.m. Friday for open burning and loud music coming from a mobile home.
- Anthony J. Rock, 28, Darlington, Pa., was stopped on state Route 14 at 11:14 p.m. Friday and was cited for driving under suspension, expired plates and possession of marijuana paraphernalia. He was later taken into custody when it was discovered that the Mahoning County Sheriff's Office had an active warrant for him.