Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE CALLS

November 7, 2013
Salem News

- Firefighters and police responded at 3:29 p.m. Wednesday to the 600 block of Deming Street for a report of a loud explosion and smoke in the area. The area was checked with nothing seen. A police report said it may have been from a transformer due to high winds, but a resident told firefighters that a passing train had an engine explode causing the sound and a cloud of white smoke. The train was out of the city and nothing was found.

- Firefighters were called at 5:54 p.m. Wednesday to Grace Woods Senior Living of Salem in the 1100 block of Benton Road for a fire alarm. They found a microwave left unattended in a resident's room which burned the food inside, causing moderate smoke in the east wing of the building.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web