- The fire department responded to a problem with an electrical outlet at the Family Recovery Center at 3:35 p.m. Wednesday.
- Firefighters responded to the Giant Eagle parking lot in the 2400 block of East State Street at 12:29 p.m. Thursday for a vehicle fire, but upon arrival, no smoke or fire was showing in the 2002 Chevy Trailblazer owned by Ben Hardy. Oil was found on the motor that burned a hose and was smoking, with water used to cool the area.
- Metal & Wire Products, 1239 E. Salem Parkway, was temporarily evacuated after a carbon monoxide investigation at 9:10 a.m. Thursday found high levels of carbon monoxide in the building. Columbia Gas responded and also recorded high levels. Columbia Gas, the Salem Fire Department and business management remained inside to assist with finding the source. The problem was found to be a heater that was venting improperly. The fire department cleared the scene at 10:43 a.m. and the company was back to work by 11 a.m. Thursday.