- Firefighters responded at 12:26 a.m. Monday to the 900 block of South Union Avenue after a resident on Mound Street reported a neighbor's pickup on fire at the rear of a South Union Avenue home. The engine compartment of the Chevy Silverado was fully involved, with the fire extinguished via tank water. Firefighters noticed an extension cord had been plugged into the truck that may have caused ignition of the fire. The breaker that ran the outlet the cord was plugged into had tripped. Damage to the insured vehicle was estimated at $10,200. A 2006 Chevy Malibu also in the driveway sustained light damage from radiant heat, with damage estimated at $1,000.
- The fire department went to Joshua Dixon Elementary at 12:49 p.m. Sunday and found the alarm system was malfunctioning. At 8:56 p.m. a firefighter went to a check on a CO2 detector on Bell Avenue.