SALEM- An electrical short damaged a Quaker Lane home early Friday morning.
Firefighters responded to the home of Geoffrey Goll, 1989 Quaker Lane, at 3:28 a.m. where smoke had filtered through the first and second stories. Goll told personnel that an electrical breaker had tripped earlier that night in the foyer and he had reset it.
Firefighters checked the attic and found heavy smoke. They also discovered charred insulation still smoldering.
The fire was determined to be caused by a dead end electrical wire that had charred four wooden trusses. Damage was estimated at $25,000 in property and $10,000 in contents, but the fire was contained to the attic.
Firefighters returned to station at 5:25 a.m.