– A Main Street resident reported on station at 12:15 p.m. June 6 that someone had taken her vehicle without permission.

– An officer investigated a suspicious van on Columbia Street at 8:12 p.m. June 14.

– An officer took a report of a theft in the 200 block of Walnut Street at 11:30 a.m. June 19.

– An officer assisted Washingtonville police with a dispute in the 500 block of Main Street in Washingtonville at 2:36 a.m. Monday, but found the male involved had already left.

– A woman from out of state requested a welfare check on her juvenile step-daughter in the 400 block of Columbia Street at 8:31 a.m. Thursday, but found no cause for concern.



– A Taco Bell employee reported at 4:27 a.m. Tuesday she received a call from a man at 3:50 a.m. saying he went through the drive-through at 3 a.m. and no one answered. The woman said she told the man that no one came through and he began explaining the kind of car she drove and how many workers were there. Police went to the restaurant and escorted the workers to their vehicles.

– A woman reported at 7 a.m. Tuesday two teenagers were in front of Joshua Dixon Elementary acting suspicious by backing away from the school when cars went by. Police checked and found they were school employees.

– A Camelot Drive woman reported at 8:46 a.m. Tuesday her son had possibly overdosed on heroin. EMS were called.

– A Mrs. Dudash, Kingwood Drive, reported at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday she was hearing strange noises coming from the attic. Police found the noise was coming from the transformer on her doorbell and it was disconnected at her request so she could get it repaired.

– Nicole Dean, Waterford Road, reported at 2:39 p.m. Tuesday that while at Taco Bell with her husband he took off his wedding ring to wash his hands in the restroom and forgot to put it back on and when he went back inside it was no longer there.

– A man reported at 3:52 p.m. Tuesday a pile of branches in the street in front of 139 N. Middle St. was causing traffic to have to drive around it. Police spoke with the homeowners who said they would have it removed.

– Janlee Manypenney, 36, Leetonia, was cited for driving under suspension following a traffic stop on Fifth Street at 4:35 p.m. Tuesday.

– Melinda Whaley, 41, New Waterford, was southbound on South Main Street at 5 p.m. Tuesday when Sara E. James, 37, South Elm Street pulled from a parking space and struck her vehicle. James was cited for improper backing.

– A Union Street man reported at 7:37 p.m. Tuesday a man and woman walking their dogs left feces from one dog in his yard. Police were unable to find the animals and their owners.

– A man reported at 7:40 p.m. Tuesday a dog was barking at 334 Union St. Police cited Brad Kasunich, 31, for harboring a barking dog.

– Someone reported at 10:45 p.m. Tuesday there was a suspicious person in the back lot at the Ford dealership. Police checked but found no one.



– Salem Township police were called to a Depot Road home at 6:52 p.m. Monday after the Winona Fire Department requested assistance investigating a fire at a home owned by James and Kay Phillis. It appeared the person living at the home had burned down the chicken coop, a mattress and some trash. The fire caused damage to the yard of the neighbor, Scott Mason, Depot Road, Salem, and to a seven-foot spruce tree. The Phillises said they did not give their renter permission to burn the chicken coop and are in the process of evicting him. The Ohio EPA was notified. The renter was not named in the report.


– A resident of Applegrove Apartments reported June 17 she believes she was shot with a Taser gun. When asked when this happened, the woman could not say. She was asked if she needed medical assistance but stated that she did not.

– A caller reported people were making noise outside Applegrove Apartments at 4:41 a.m. Sunday, but police did not see or hear anyone when they arrived.

– Don Wolf, East Washington Street, reported Monday receiving a mistaken-identity phone call from a couple who yelled at him and told him to stay away from someone. Wolf tried to explain his name was not Jake and that they had the wrong person, but the callers continued to use racial slurs and then threatened to kill him. Police called the number back and spoke with Jeremy Cope, who denied making any threats. He was told that Jake Terry no longer lives there and if they called back they could be charged.

– Amy from Circle K reported Friday receiving another bogus $50 bill.

– Jeff Coil, who operates the fresh produce stand on North Market Street, reported Sunday someone had smeared a lotion over the front of his cooler truck.

– A 16-year-old Lisbon girl was walking on North Market Street on Saturday afternoon when an older man began taking photographs of her from his vehicle. The man followed her until she ran to where her mother works. Police were unable to locate the vehicle, which she described as an older style Ford Taurus.

– Donna Mason, West Washington Street, reported getting one of those scam calls about owing money from someone claiming to be from the IRS. After refusing to provide him any information, the man, who had an Indian accent, began swearing and telling her police were going to show up and assault her. The number came back to a Texas location.

– Taylor Merriman, North Market Street, reported Monday being in a dispute with her neighbor Tom Boyd over who is entitled to reward money for helping return a missing basset hound to Donny Miller. The neighbors said Merriman had nothing to do with taking care of the dog, and Boyd said the reward should go to 12-year-old Justin Rebuck.



– A man requested at 11:17 a.m. Thursday police provide an escort to 216 S. Main St. so he could retrieve his property.

– A Columbia Gas employee reported at 1:30 p.m. Thursday a Manor Drive woman had reported a fire in her oven two weeks earlier and she was wanting the gas company to inspect the oven to ensure safety.

– Kurt Seacrist reported at 1 p.m. Thursday a truck damaged part of a yard on Columbiana-Lisbon Road near Union Street.

– A Dutch Haus Restaurant employee reported at 6 p.m. Thursday a woman was repeatedly asking for money but she is always gone before they can notify police.

– Michael Riley, Harmony Village, reported at 6:36 p.m. Thursday his prescription medication was stolen.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)