How to submit mail-in ballot
LISBON – The Ohio Secretary of State’s Office says citizens wanting to send a letter to the local elections board seeking a ballot have to do a bit more than mentioned in Friday’s story. The story was about how the primary election has been rescheduled for April 28 and all voting will be conducted by mail. One of the options for residents seeking an absentee ballot from the Columbiana County Board of Elections is to mail them a letter. The letter should include:
– Full name and date of birth
– Full voter registration address, including the county
– Address to mail ballot if different from registration address
– Last four digits of social security, driver’s license number or copy of another acceptable form of identification
– State in letter you are seeking an absentee ballot for the March 17, 2020, primary election
– State in letter you are seeking a Democrat, or Republican, or Libertarian or issues- only ballot
– Sign the letter and date it
– Phone number and email address are optional but recommended.
The elections board address is 7989 Dickey Drive, Suite 3, Lisbon, Ohio, 44455.
For further information, the SOS’s office encourages voters to visit its website voteohio.gov.