— An officer responded to an Oak Street home at 9:32 a.m. Sunday where the resident reported her neighbor had gotten his vehicle stuck in the snow and she was worried that he was going to strike her house with the vehicle while attempting to get it out. She said the noise from him revving the engine while attempting to get it out was irritating her. The neighbor said that other neighbors were going to help him get the vehicle unstuck.

— An officer responded to the Eagles on Main Street at 9:46 a.m. Sunday in reference to a vehicle blocking the parking lot. The officer found the vehicle on private property and advised the employee to contact a towing company to remove it if necessary.

— An officer performed a well-being check on a Chestnut Street Extension resident at 11:39 a.m. Sunday after a female individual reported he was not answering his phone. The officer spoke with a nurse outside the residence who said that the resident was fine and just sleeping.

— A Lisbon Street resident reported on station with his juvenile daughter to report that his daughter was being harassed by other girls at school, including one who texted her a threat of bodily harm. The resident was advised to contact the school regarding the issue and had both he and his daughter provide written statements.

— A Chestnut Street Extension resident waved down a patrolling officer at 9:36 a.m. Monday and reported his neighbor on Half Street in Washingtonville jurisdiction had cut down pine trees, stacking the branches on an old road no longer used by the public, but that he uses to access another property he owns. The resident was advised to contact the Washingtonville Police Department, but agreed to help resolve the issue.

— A Hanoverton resident reported at 1:50 p.m. Monday that someone had entered his vehicle while it was parked at his place of employment on Commerce Drive at approximately 2:15 a.m. the previous Saturday and removed a purse, roadside kit and clip board. The incident was possibly captured on surveillance camera. A manager at the company said the footage would be downloaded and provided to the police.


— Police responded to a report of a delivery truck stuck in a yard on South Vine Street at 1:31 p.m. Monday. The truck was found to be making a delivery to the Chinese restaurant in the Columbiana Plaza when it got stuck in the snow. Ed Geary’s was called to remove the truck from the yard.


— Police noticed a green truck behind 415 Alice St. at 9:14 a.m. Saturday that had an expired registration. A zoning violation notice was sent to the owner.

— Police investigated a complaint at 9:15 a.m. Saturday of a junk motor vehicle and other assorted junk piled in the back yard at 483 E. Main St. The owner was sent a zoning violation notice.

— Police were called to the Moose Lodge on West Rebecca Street at 12:55 a.m. Friday for a report that two women were involved in an altercation inside the club. Both women told police they were assaulted by the other but neither wished to press charges. One of the women was taken to the police station to wait for a ride.

— Police were called to the 1100 area of Bacon Avenue at 12:43 a.m. Saturday for a loud noise complaint. Police were unable to locate the problem.


— A person flagged down a police officer at 1:29 a.m. Tuesday to report a male was walking across the street stumbling in the 100 block of West State Street. An officer found him in the area of South Broadway and Pershing Street and smelled alcohol coming from him. Due to the weather conditions and safety concerns, the male was given a ride home.

— Christopher Ryan Gorence, 34, of Georgetown Road, was cited for operating a vehicle under the influence and a lights required violation after a traffic stop at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday on East State Street. He was given a courtesy ride home and the vehicle was towed by Kaiser’s Towing.

— An officer on patrol at 10:49 p.m. Monday saw a vehicle parked in the 300 block of Newgarden Avenue with hazard lights on and three people standing outside the vehicle, then saw one of the males take a swing at another male. The officer stopped and determined the two men were brothers and had been arguing, leading to them to strike each other. Nobody wanted to pursue the matter.

— A man reported at 6:14 p.m. Monday that the mother of his two juvenile daughters was refusing to bring them back despite a court order. She took them to a residence in West Virginia. He wanted the situation documented.

— A glove found in the front lobby of the police department was placed in the lost and found at 5:33 p.m. Monday.

— A man on West Wilson Street reported at 5:21 p.m. Monday that someone opened an AT&T cell phone account using his name and email address. The person opened the account a month ago and the man began receiving emails advising the account passwords had been changed, which alerted him to the issue. He has not had an account with At&T for three years. He reported the issue to AT&T and was forwarding the police report to the company’s fraud department. The suspect address attached to the account was in Gulfport, Miss.

— Police were called at 5:06 p.m. Monday to the 1200 block of East State Street where a vehicle reportedly slid off of the north side of the street into a bank of snow. The vehicle backed up and left before police arrived. It appeared the vehicle was stuck briefly and no debris was found.

— Lyndsey Johnson, 34, of East Palestine, was cited for marked lanes after her westbound vehicle, which was in the straight lane on East State Street, made a right turn and cut in front of traffic in the right turn lane, colliding with a westbound vehicle driven by Jason Hawkins, 44, of North Ellsworth Avenue, who was in the right turn lane at 4:37 p.m. Monday. No injuries were reported. The accident occurred in the 2300 block.

— Police responded at 3:16 p.m. Monday to a dispute in the 800 block of Newgarden Avenue where a woman said she’s in the process of moving out and her husband changed all the locks and wasn’t answering the door. Officers made contact with the husband who said she could come in and get the property she wanted. Both were told that since they’re married, all property was communal. She obtained her belongings and was staying to talk with him.

— A woman at 1:48 p.m. Monday reported being harassed in the 2700 block of East State Street, advising she was confronted by two known females at her place of employment, with them yelling at her and being verbally abusive. She only wanted the incident documented for now in case the problem persists.

— Police were called at 1:21p.m. Monday to the 600 block of East State Street where a woman said she had trouble with a male friend and now wanted to commit suicide. Fire department first responders and KLG ambulance responded and the female was taken to Salem Regional Medical Center for treatment.

— A verbal dispute was reported at 11:53 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of East Perry Street where a man and woman who have a son together were arguing over keys to a van she drives that’s in the man’s name. An officer explained the vehicle issue is a civil matter. Police were called back to the residence at 12:31 p.m. where the two were continuing to argue, with an allegation of pushing and a slap. Both said neither were injured nor did they want to pursue the matter. Officers gave them options and explained the domestic violence laws and possible consequences.

— An open door was reported at a business in the 600 block of East State Street at 9:35 a.m. Monday. Police checked the business and found nothing out of place. Officers waited for the keyholder who said it must have been left open by an employee.

— Police responded to a parking complaint at 6:25 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Ellsworth Avenue. The owner moved the illegally parked vehicle.

— Police were called at 4:38 p.m. Sunday to the 1200 block of East Third Street for an accident after a city plow truck struck a telephone pole in an alley, causing the pole to fall onto the truck. The fire department was called out and determined it was cable lines. The street department workers were able to move the pole from the truck and the truck was driven from the scene. The cable company was advised.