Fire Reports

SALEM

— The fire department responded to a possible gas leak in the 800 block of Jennings Avenue at 8:43 p.m. Friday and found a vehicle had struck the meter on a house. Officers were unable to turn off the meter due to the damage. They stood by until Columbia Gas arrived then checked the house for hazards before ventilating it.

— The fire department responded to a 1300 block East 10th Street home at 10:07 a.m. Saturday in reference to burning rubber against a hot tub. Upon arrival, firefighters found that a police officer had already extinguished the fire. An investigation revealed the resident had attempted to ignite a recreational fire in the fire pit with gasoline as an accelerant when the gas can caught fire. The resident threw the can away and it landed against the hot tub. The resident was advised of the city’s open burning law and warned not to use flammable liquids to start a fire.

WEST POINT

— The West Point Fire Department responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Osbourne Road and state Route 45 at 5:03 p.m. Friday. The highway patrol was notified as well.

— North Star Ambulance reported a tree down on state Route 7 near Beaver Local School at 8:29 p.m. Thursday. The West Point Fire Department was notified.

COMMENTS