Police Reports


— A motor vehicle at 675 E. Eighth St. was reported broken into Friday and items stolen.

— A suspicious person was reportedly seen trying to enter a motor vehicle on East State Street/North Lincoln Avenue at 11:23 a.m. Friday. Police did not find the person, but the description matched someone they knew. He denied trying to break into any cars.

— A 911 hang-up call was received from 1410 Eastview Ave. at 1:42 p.m. Friday. A woman said her son had been playing with the phone.

— Police responded to a possible fight between two groups of youths at Centennial Park at 3:44 p.m. Friday. One group was gone by the time police arrived. The other youths were told to call back should there be any further problems.

— Two motor vehicles at 676 E. Eighth St. were reported broken into Friday and items stolen.

— Brock D. Menough, 34, East Sixth Street, was cited Friday for allowing his dog to run loose.

— A woman on Bricker Lane reported a man entered the woods possibly dressed in hunting garb at 4:36 p.m. Friday. It turned out the man was looking for his dog.

— Police assisted a sheriff’s deputy in serving an arrest warrant on someone a 989 Sunset Boulevard at 6:53 p.m. Friday. The unidentified suspect ran out the back door and into the arms of a waiting officer and taken into custody.

— Someone at the veterinary clinic at 375 W. State St. reported Friday a man called three times seeking medication for separate pets. When asked to bring the pets in first to examined, the man refused.

— Police went to an East State Street residence at 10:35 p.m. Friday to serve an arrest warrant on a person but the suspect was not there.

— Police initiated a traffic stop on Woodland Avenue at 12:58 a.m. Saturday and used the K9 officer Argo. No contraband was found.

— An East Fifth Street man reported at 2:16 a.m. Saturday three people tried to break into his motor vehicle while it was parked on Ohio Avenue. The vehicle was found secured.

— A residential burglar alarm went off on Morgan Court at 2:42 a.m. Saturday but it turned out to have been set off when the man let his dog out.

— While on patrol on East State Street at 3 a.m. Saturday, police stopped to question a man with a backpack. With his permission, police searched his backpack but did not find anything illegal inside.

— A vehicle at 939 Jefferson Ave. was reported broken into Friday night and items stolen.

— A vehicle at 940 Jefferson Ave. was reported broken into Friday night and items stolen.

— A vehicle at 917 Adams Ave. was reported broken into Friday night and items stolen.

— Police received a 911 call from a Georgetown Road home at 10:40 a.m. Saturday and it was from a juvenile who called just to say hello.

— While on patrol on Saturday an officer saw two motor vehicles at 1693 E. State St. with the side passenger windows broken. The homeowner checked and determined several items were stolen.

— Police were called to a neighbor dispute on South Howard Avenue at 5:34 p.m. Saturday. The person who was called drunk and told to stay inside for the rest of the evening.

— A Walmart worker reported Saturday evening someone showed up in violation of a protection order, but the person left before police arrived.

— A resident at 1355 Westview Drive reported the home was egged at 8:14 p.m. Saturday.

— Police responded to a reported fight at 537 Jennings Ave. at 9 p.m. Saturday but one participant left before police arrived. The other participant was taken to the hospital with injuries. The person who left later showed up at the police department and was also transported to the hospital by EMTs.

— Police were tipped off about an underage alcohol party at 875 Granite St. at 9:43 p.m. Saturday. Officers arrived the same time as adults and the alcoholic beverages were confiscated. The youths were warned and their parents called.

— Police were called to a East Sixth Street home at 10:27 p.m. Saturday because a son was beating on the front door of his mother’s home. The mother was advised since her son lived with her she would need to go through the eviction process to get him removed. The parties were on good terms by the time police left.

— Police were called to the hospital emergency room at 2:29 a.m. Sunday after a male patient ripped off his EKG pads and wiring and struck a nurse in the face. The report was referred to the prosecutor’s office.

— A man stumbling along Franklin Avenue at 2:45 a.m. Sunday was stopped by police. The man said he was on his way to his brother’s house on South Union Avenue and police waited until he made it there safely.

— A clerk at the Speedway on West State Street reported at 4:31 a.m. Sunday a man known to the clerk shoplifted $13.80 in merchandise.


— Police were called to 118 W. Washington St. at 9:20 p.m. Friday, where the resident said an East Liverpool threatened to beat him up. Both parties made threats via Facebook.

— A man was reportedly seen near the woods behind 101 Pine St. Extension at 11 p.m. Friday. Two officers searched the area but did not come across the suspect.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)