— Police responded at 2:29 a.m. Thursday to the 1000 block of Cleveland Avenue where the residents said their juvenile daughter was hiding her ex-boyfriend in her room. When the parents confronted the juvenile, they wanted the male out of the residence and then the male started a dispute. During the dispute, they said the male grabbed a firearm in his waistband and made comments about taking care of them.

— A female in the 400 block of East Euclid Street reported telephone harassment at 11:40 p.m. Wednesday, showing officers two numbers of people calling her and harassing her. She’s blocking their numbers, but officers will attempt to make contact and tell them to stop contacting her.

— An unruly juvenile was reported at 11:34 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of West Wilson Street where the mother of the 13-year-old girl said her daughter was threatening to harm herself. Officers spoke with the juvenile who admitting to having recent harmful thoughts. Fire department first responders and EMT arrived and she was taken to Salem Regional Medical Center for evaluation.

— Police were called to the 600 block of Olive Street at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday for a complaint over a group of people using a vehicle. The owner is in the hospital and unable to speak to police. Officers said it’s a civil matter.

— A possible intoxicated driver was reported in a silver Chevy Equinox in the area of Franklin and Southeast Boulevard at 8:46 p.m. Wednesday. The vehicle was not found.

— A suspicious vehicle was reported at 7:47 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Lincoln Avenue where a woman said two unknown vehicles were in her neighbor’s driveway. Police were unable to find the vehicles.

— A representative of Family Dollar, 239 W. State St., contacted police at 6:13 p.m. Wednesday to request a female who was just terminated be trespassed from returning to the store. The female was advised not to return.

— A clerk at Smith Oil in the 900 block of East State Street reported at 3:48 p.m. Wednesday that someone in a small black car left without paying for $29.07 worth of gas.

— Police were asked at 2:44 p.m. Wednesday to check the well-being of a female resident in the 1100 block of South Lincoln Avenue, but found no one home.

— A woman on Cedar Ridge reported possible fraud at 11:52 a.m. Wednesday, saying she noticed some irregularities in her bank account and wanted to file a fraud report through her bank, but the bank requested she file a police report before they start an investigation.

— A loud noise was reported at 11:05 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Third Street, but the resident said everything was fine.

— A woman came to the station at 10:17 a.m. Wednesday to speak with an officer about a recent fire in the 300 block of Newgarden Avenue. Due to the nature of the incident, officer had her speak with a detective.

— An animal neglect complaint was reported at 10:05 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of East Fourth Street where two dogs had allegedly been outside since 7 a.m. without shelter. No one would answer the door, but officers found through a phone call by dispatch to the owner that the dogs have access to the home from the back door.


— An officer responded to the 400 block of Somer Street at 12:36 a.m. Sunday in reference to a loud argument and spoke with a resident who said a friend had arrived intoxicated and wanted the keys to her vehicle. The resident said her friend then left saying she would walk home to Salem. The officer searched the area, but could not find her, then found her at the local business where she had been drinking earlier that night. The friend said she had a ride home and was advised to retrieve her keys the next day. Before the friend left, her father and the resident arrived and they all began arguing in the parking lot. They were all told to leave the area.


— A caller reported Wednesday a vacant house in the 500 block of West Lincoln Way has rats. Police contacted the owner, who said he would check and also put out some rat poison. No garbage was seen inside or outside the home.

— An official at the Morning Journal called Dec. 6 to say the newspaper received a call from a man they were familiar with because he has called before and stopped by once. He called to complain about the Trooper of the Year story and told the newspaper the next time he would come in with guns blazing on his hips. Police called the man and spoke to his wife, who said her husband is 80 and has dementia. She said his doctor put him on some new medication and she hopes that helps. She also said he cannot drive anymore so he has no way to get to the newspaper.