×

SALEM FIRE

–The Fire Department responded to the 200 block of Vine Avenue around 9 a.m. on Sunday to investigate a report of falling bricks. A number of bricks from a chimney had fallen into the alley besides the home. The remaining part of the chimney was deemed unstable and in need of repair. The tenant was told to pay attention to signs of carbon monoxide poisoning in case bricks fall into the chimney and cause a blockage. The alley was blocked off with fire tap in case additional bricks fall. The housing inspector will be notified of the situation as soon as possible.

COMMENTS