– Firefighters were called at 12:09 p.m. Friday to the Smith Center, 500 E. Fourth St., for an odor of something burning. No visible hazards could be seen. The apartment and surrounding area were searched with a thermal imaging camera with no hazards found.

– A resident in the 1900 block of Southeast Boulevard called at 8:15 p.m. Wednesday for an odor of natural gas inside the home. Firefighters found that the gas logs had a small gas leak. Columbia Gas was requested to respond and the gas line to the appliance was turned off in the basement. The gas log fireplace was red-tagged by Columbia Gas.

– Firefighters were called at 1:03 p.m. Wednesday to Aldi’s at 2495 E. State St. for a fire alarm. The business called and said there was no fire, but assistance was needed to reset the alarm. Upon arrival, the manager said the test valve to the sprinkler system was bumped causing the alarm. There was no damage to the system and it was reset.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)