— An officer was dispatched at 5:40 a.m. Thursday to the 200 block of Main Street for a report of a male staggering on the street and sitting on people’s porches. An officer found a male playing Pokemon at Main and Elm, but he wasn’t the male in question and said he saw someone staggering up Chestnut Street. No one was found after a check of the area.


— Police responded to a report of two small missing juvenile males at Salem Acres on Prospect Street at 7:19 p.m. Tuesday. An officer arrived and was notified by Salem Police that they found the two juveniles in the 800 block of Liberty Street. Salem Police transported them home. The mother said her two sons have a habit of running off from her and she can not catch them.

— Police responded to the 1900 block of state Route 344 at 6:14 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a suspicious person with a gun in a woman’s yard. Police made contact with the person who said he was running from several people on 4-wheelers. It was determined the incident occurred in the 2700 block of Cunningham Road and the Columbiana County Sheriff’s Office was notified. Police stood by to assist deputies.

— Police were called at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday to the 100 block of Beechwood Road for a welfare check, but were unable to make contact.


— Suspicious activity was reported at 3:32 a.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Arch Street for an unknown person who possibly opened a woman’s vehicle door. Police confirmed the vehicle was unopened and unharmed. No suspicious activity was found.

— A barking dog was reported at 3:07 a.m. Thursday in the area of Southeast Boulevard and Fairview Avenue. The dog was located in a front yard and officers were not able to make contact with anyone.

— Police were dispatched to the area of Prospect and Granite for an unknown problem at 2:34 a.m. Thursday for a suspected odor of marijuana. No odor or suspicious activity was found.

— A break-in was reported at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of South Lincoln Avenue. The window to the front door was broken and the home entered. Police learned the suspects ransacked the house and the victim was unsure if anything was stolen. Police recovered a bicycle located in the front yard of the home.

— Police responded at 5:42 p.m. Wednesday to the 400 block of East Second Street for people playing basketball and not following the 6-foot social distancing order. Officers told them about social distancing and left.

— Officers were dispatched at 5:11 p.m. Wednesday to Sebo Stadium on East Pershing for a male juvenile shooting a bow and arrow on the field. He had a wooden bow and wooden arrows he said he got at a Halloween store. He was told he’s not allowed to use the bow on school property with people around, which there was about 40 people there. The juvenile’s father was running on the track and was advised of the issue and told there’s an ordinance against shooting projectiles in the city, especially on school property. Both said they would cease their actions. No damage was done to the field.

— An officer at 3:16 p.m. Wednesday was stopped by a man from Hanoverton who reported a male driver operating a blue Chevy Impala passed him on South Ellsworth Avenue at American Standard and flipped him off. He said he did nothing to provoke the incident.

— Police spoke with a man at Sparkle Market on South Lundy Avenue at 1:05 p.m. Wednesday about a male being in is vehicle when he was coming out of the store. When he yelled at the male, the male ran from the vehicle. Nothing was taken. He was told to always lock his doors.

— An improperly parked vehicle was reported at 1:02 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Fourth Street, but police saw no violations.

— Police were called at 5:22 a.m. Tuesday to Circle K East, 1125 E. State St., for an irate male regarding the store being closed. The male was gone when police arrived but was found on East Pershing Street near Sebo Stadium. He did admit to being upset over the store being closed and was trying to purchase a coffee. He was advised against his actions and sent on his way.


— A woman advised that her son was making suicidal threats at 7:17 a.m. Wednesday. Officers responded, and the son was voluntarily transported by EMS.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)

Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today