– A caller at 5:16 a.m. Monday reported a suspicious male wearing a red jacket and skinny jeans attempting to enter a vehicle at North Ellsworth and East Seventh, but no one was found and no vehicles were observed entered.

– Loud music was reported at 12:33 a.m. Monday at South Union and Mound, but was not heard.

– A caller in the 500 block of East State Street reported at 11:48 p.m. Sunday that an intoxicated male started an argument between the two of them. Police found the male and told him to return home or face criminal charges. Officers watched him return home.

– A woman in the 200 block of Ohio Avenue reported at 10:56 p.m. Sunday that she was locked out of her own residence after an argument. All people at the scene were told about Ohio residency laws and about the eviction process.

– A suspicious vehicle was reported at 9:36 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East State Street, but was not found.

– Police, fire department first responders and KLG all responded at 8:56 p.m. Sunday to the 600 block of East Seventh Street for a medical issue. A male was taken to the hospital.

– A caller at 8:20 p.m. Sunday reported a blue Chevy Malibu struck a yellow concrete parking sign in the Walmart parking lot and left the scene.

– A person from the 300 block of Rose reported at 8:08 p.m. Sunday that a friend had his vehicle and he wanted it back. The issue was under investigation

– A possible intoxicated driver was reported at 7:53 p.m. Sunday on East State Street, but the vehicle was not found.

– The traffic light at East State and Dodge Drive at 7:36 p.m. Sunday was reported not changing from red. Police directed traffic until the city electrician could fix the issue.

– An intoxicated person was reported walking on the road at 5:41 p.m. Sunday at Newgarden and Arch. Officers saw the person staggering down the sidewalk and almost run into a telephone pole. Police gave him a ride home and told him to stay there.

– A man came to the police station at 3:12 p.m. Sunday to report his three children were abducted while at Waterworth Memorial Park. The man appeared slightly disoriented and when officers contacted his wife via telephone, she said she had picked up the children at the park without her husband knowing and they were with her. She also said he has ongoing medical issues and wanted him checked out. Fire department first responders and KLG responded and he signed a refusal against treatment. The wife responded to the police station with the children to give the husband a ride back home.

– Two males were reported loitering outside a business in the 100 block of West State Street at 12:13 p.m. Sunday. One of them was allegedly sharpening a knife and had been asked to leave by the manager. Both left before police arrived.

– Police were called at 12:03 p.m. Sunday to the 400 block of East Eighth Street for a fight between two male juvenile brothers. The caller said he saw them arguing and pushing each other in his front yard. Officers spoke to both boys and contacted their stepfather. They were sent their separate ways and told to stay away from each other for the day.

– Officers saw a black and white dog running on Pershing near Woodland at 11:17 a.m. Sunday and attempted to catch it, but it ran across State Street and into the AT&T parking lot. A female caught the dog and put a leash on it. The owner was located and the dog was returned.

– Police were called at 11 a.m. Sunday to the 800 block of East Third Street for a vehicle parked in the driveway of a residence. The vehicle did not belong to anyone at the building. The owner of the property arrived and said the vehicle belonged to a person who was with him.

– A drive-off was reported at 10:56 a.m. Sunday at Smith Oil on East State Street. The vehicle was not found.

– A possible intoxicated driver was reported in the 700 block of West State Street at 10:35 a.m. Sunday. The vehicle was located eastbound on State and stopped. The driver said he was diabetic and his sugar was low. The officer reported seeing no signs of impairment.

– Police were called at 9:16 a.m. Sunday to a parking lot at an apartment complex on Lexington where a tow truck had been called by management for a vehicle with no plates. A male was discovered sleeping in the vehicle and management was concerned he was about to drive off with no plate. The male told police the temporary tag was either lost or stolen The vin number belonged to someone else but a family member responded with the title to establish the person was the owner. A tow truck was arranged to take the vehicle to the owner’s home.

– Police were called at 8:43 a.m. Sunday to the 2500 block of Lexington for a vehicle vandalized overnight, taking photographs of explicit remarks written on car windows and a fresh scratch on the driver side rear door. The owner couldn’t be located at first, but then management advised police had been there the night before for a disturbance which involved the owner of the vehicle. The owner was contacted.

– Two dogs were reported at large in the 2800 block  of East State Street at 8:16 a.m. Sunday. Police found the dogs and took them to the station. The owner resided just outside the city and came to get them.

Perry Township

– A woman on Elberon Avenue reported at 3:24 a.m. Monday that her son was driving intoxicated and was going to show up at her residence, kick in the door and take her dog. While police were there, officers saw the son in a vehicle which turned onto a side road, but couldn’t find it. The woman said he had made threats to harm himself on this date and for the past two months. The vehicle was located in the Lisbon area, but when the Columbiana County Sheriff’s Office checked, no one came to the door. His cell phone was reportedly located in the area of Arch Street in Salem, but was not found during a search with Salem officers assisting.

– An officer assisted the Ohio State Highway Patrol with an injury accident at 7:18 p.m. Sunday on state Route 9 near the Saxon Club just outside the township.

– Police responded to a medical along with fire department first responders in the 1100 block of East Perry Street at 2:21 p.m. Sunday. Police stood by until the person was taken to the hospital.

– A barking dog was reported at 10:06 a.m. Sunday on West Pine Lake Road near Allen, but was not found.

– A woman in the 1300 block of West State Street reported at 1:03 a.m. Sunday that her 12-year-old grandson was intoxicated. The juvenile admitted to sneaking and consuming alcohol. The woman was told to contact juvenile court to pursue delinquency charges.

– Police responded at 8:45 p.m. Saturday to the 1100 block of West Perry Street of a dispute between a landlord and a man who said he was in the process of moving out and his landlord entered and removed items. The man isn’t living there. Officers documented the damage and were looking into the situation.

– A man in the 1200 block of North Lincoln Avenue reported at 7:23 p.m. Saturday that his window was open and his prescription medication was missing from his room.

– A suspicious person was reported in the Circle K South parking lot for hours at 12:15 p.m. Saturday on South Lincoln Avenue. The man told police he had only been there a few minutes and was scratching off lottery tickets. He was about to leave.

– Police were called at 11:50 a.m. Saturday to Circle K South on South Lincoln Avenue to check on a male passed out in the parking lot. No one was found.


– Police were called to an East Chestnut Street home at 11 a.m. Sunday, where a woman said her 10-year-old grandson was out of control and breaking things. Police explained to the youth the possible consequences of his actions if he continues to engage in bad behavior, and the boy said he understood and apologized.

– Police responded to a report of threats at an apartment in the town square at 8:32 p.m. Thursday. While police could not determine if anyone was threatened, they learned there was an arrest warrant out of the county sheriff’s office for Roger Wright Jr., who was taken into custody at the apartment.


– A Bayshore Avenue woman reported that her roommate was taking down cameras that she had put up to make sure that her roommate wasn’t stealing from her at 7:10 p.m. Sunday. The roommate denied having the cameras until the police arrived. She then handed it over after being told that she would be charged if she didn’t give it back.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)