×

SALEM FIRE CALLS

— Firefighters received a call at 12:10 p.m. Tuesday for a possible electrical fire at a residence on West 10th Street. A resident said smoke was coming from a washing machine on the second floor. Crews found the washing machine’s belts overheated. The belts were removed and windows opened on the second floor for ventilation. The owner was told to have the machine serviced or replaced.

— A smoke detector activation was reported at 5:22 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Jennings Avenue at First Friends Church. Maintenance personnel said they were doing some work in the sanctuary and hit a beam that the detector was on, activating the alarm system.

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today