East Palestine

— An officer found and secured an open door at a vacant residence on South Market Street at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday.

— Robby Padgett, 26, was arrested for assault and Matthew Bales, 32, was arrested for aggravated menacing after a woman called to report a man brandishing a firearm at Circle K at 9:02 p.m. Monday.

— Police received a call from a West Main Street resident at 8:37 p.m. Monday who stated that her nephew had run away. He returned home while officers were busy with another call.

— An officer stood by at a Wood Street residence as a teen gathered some belongings from his father’s house at 2:14 p.m. Monday. The teen claimed that there had been a disturbance there the night before and was concerned that another incident might occur if he entered the house by himself.

— A woman came on station with her granddaughter at 11:54 a.m. Monday to report that the granddaughter had received pornographic images via SnapChat. An investigation is ongoing.

— Rebecca Bollinger was arrested at 11:28 a.m. Monday on West Martin Street for a warrant from the Columbiana County Sheriff’s Office.

— Police were dispatched to Wood Street at 8:50 p.m. Sunday for report of a custody dispute with shared parenting between the mother and father.

— Officers were called to a West Martin Street residence at 11:39 p.m. for a noise complaint.

— Police attempted to conduct a traffic stop on an ATV on Bacon Avenue at 11:08 p.m. Saturday after observing that the vehicle had no visible registration. They continued to attempt a traffic stop on Adams Road and terminated the pursuit after the ATV turned onto state Route 154 and was driving erratically.

— Officers responded to an East North Avenue residence at 12:51 a.m. Saturday for report of domestic violence. Charges are pending.

— Police received a call at 7:16 p.m. Friday from a woman who reported that she was being harassed by someone she knew.

— An officer was dispatched to West Main Street at 3:51 p.m. July 5 for a welfare check after a woman called the police to report that she had not been able to reach her granddaughter for the past two days. Upon arrival, the officer made contact with the granddaughter and learned that she was staying with a friend. She was advised to call home.

— An East Clark Street resident called the police at 1:46 a.m. Friday to report that he thought someone was in his home. He appeared to be having a mental issue and threatened to kill someone, maybe the police, and told dispatch to send someone before he did kill them. Officers responded to the residence to secure the man, who was later transported to the hospital by EMS. The matter is under investigation.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.61/week.

Subscribe Today