- SALEM - The public is invited to a spaghetti dinner from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at St. Paul School. Cost is $7 for adults and $5 for children. Carryouts are available.
- WASHINGTONVILLE - Quarts of homemade "Soup to Go" will be available in different varieties on Feb. 6 at the Robbins United Methodist Church, 100 High St. Prices start at $6. The convenient drive-thru pick-up will be open at a new time, from 3 to 5 p.m. For more information call 330-427-2035.
- SALEM - All adults who are grieving the loss of a loved one through death are welcome to attend "Living With Loss" grief support sessions. The sessions begin at 4 p.m. Jan. 31 and run for six weeks in the Emmanuel Lutheran Church Education Building at 251 S. Broadway Ave. The facilitator will be Amber Morgan of Hospice of the Valley. For more information, or to register for this group, call the church office at 330-332-5042.
- EAST LIVERPOOL - A prom gown rally is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 2 at the United Brethren in Christ Church, 528 Grandview Ave. To sell a gown, bring it to the church from 3 to 8 p.m. Feb. 1 and pay $5 per gown, then price the gown. If the gown does not sell you pick it up on Saturday after the rally. For more details call 330-532-3216.
- WELLSVILLE - Wellsville First Christian Church is hosting a benefit dinner for its second annual Mission Wellsville, where college and high school students go out and do service projects for people who are physically or financially unable. The dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 9 and includes chili or potato soup, salad, bread, beverage and dessert. Cost is $5.
- CANFIELD - Bean, chicken noodle and vegetable beef soups will be sold beginning at 4 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Calla Community Church, 6482 W. Calla Road. Cost is $6 per quart. Fresh baked bread will also be available at $2 per loaf. Advance orders are available by calling 330-501-1597 or 330-507-2255.
4 NORTH LIMA - A breakfast buffet will be available from 7 to 10 a.m. today at the North Lima Mennonite Church, 90 Mennonite Drive.
Items on the all-you-can-eat buffet will include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and onions, coffee, orange juice, and other beverages. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333. Donations will be accepted.
- BOARDMAN - Retrouvaille of Youngstown, a peer ministry that helps troubled marriages, will hold a weekend program beginning Feb. 15-17 at the Holiday Inn South in Boardman.
Retrouvaille helps teach couples a new method of communication and helps people with their marriage commitment. It also includes six follow-up sessions after the original weekend. The registration fee is $100. For more information call 330-979-7787 or log onto www.helpourmarriage.com.
- SALEM - The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building.
The Salem Rotary Club will sponsor the meal and serve chicken noodle soup, ham, baked macaroni and cheese, corn, salad, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Texas sheet cake. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
- SALEM - Fat Tuesday "Feed the Salem Community Pantry" returns to the Salem Community Center (SCC) from 5 to 7 p.m. Feb. 12.
Sponsored by the SCC, Rotary and Kiwanis clubs, this event features local food vendors and a few Salem celebrity chefs who donate and serve their best dishes to sample.
Tickets are limited and may be purchased at the SCC and from any Rotary or Kiwanis member. Cost is $10 for adults and $2 for children 12 and under. For more information or to purchase tickets call 330-332-5885.