- Officers responded to a North Lincoln Avenue home at 4:10 p.m. Thursday for a domestic disturbance report and found it to be a verbal argument between a man and woman. The woman was transported to the Salem Community Hospital for evaluation.
- A North Ellsworth Avenue man reported at 4:19 p.m. Thursday that a man he knows had been harassing him at his place of employment regarding a civil issue.
- Officers responded to the 2700 block of East State Street at 5:56 p.m. Thursday where a caller reported someone had taken a vehicle from the lot without permission.
- Police arrested a 16-year-old boy for theft after responding to a 2800 block East State Street business at 6:29 p.m. Thursday where he allegedly attempted to shoplift items.
- An East State Street resident reported at 7:35 p.m. Thursday receiving unwanted telephone calls from someone she knows.
- Officers responded to the 500 block of East Fourth Street at 11:59 p.m. Thursday for a report of a suspicious vehicle being used in a possible drug deal. Officers found the vehicle unoccupied but could not locate the driver.
- Officers responded to the area of Allen Road and Pennsylvania Avenue at 12:12 a.m. Friday for a report of a vehicle fire. Upon arrival the officers found a truck with the hood open and flames coming from the engine compartment. An officer used the fire extinguisher from the cruiser to contain the fire until the fire department arrived at 12:14 a.m. to put the fire out with tank water. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Route 62 near state Route 45 at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday and found that Susan Lynn Bartholomew, 56, Salem, was southbound and allegedly failed to stop for slowing traffic, striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Kathleen M. Kelly, 57, Canton. No injuries were reported and no citation was issued.
- James D. Bevins II, 44, 308 S. 15th St., Sebring, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a two-vehicle crash on South Lincoln Avenue at 5:08 p.m. Wednesday in which she was northbound at East Pidgeon Road and allegedly failed to stop for traffic, striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Sandra D. Price, 54, Salem. No injuries were reported.
- A Jones Drive resident reported at 5:08 p.m. Wednesday that someone had called requesting money via a credit card over the phone. An officer contacted the caller based in New York and advised the calls needed to stop.
- An officer responded to a Plymouth Place home at 6:10 a.m. Thursday to assist a resident who had fallen while using his walker.
- An officer responded to the 1800 block of Countryside Drive at 10:04 a.m. Thursday in reference to keys accidentally locked inside a vehicle with a 2-year-old child in a car seat.