- SALEM - The Haviland Choir and friends of the First Presbyterian Church will present "A Tribute to the Life and Works of Fanny Crosby" during the 10:30 a.m. worship service on Sunday. The choir is directed by John Krauss with Nancy McNeal as organist.
- COLUMBIANA - The Oasis Food Ministry will hold a food distribution from 4 to 6 p.m. May 9 and 23 at the First Christian Church, 39 Cherry St.
- NORTH LIMA - The Calvary United Methodist Church will hold its monthly drive-thru chicken dinner from 3:30 to 6 p.m. May 9, or until sold out. The meal includes a stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and a brownie. Cost is $6. The church is located at 12062 South Avenue Extension. A portion of each month's profits is used for mission projects.
Also scheduled at the church is the spring chicken barbecue from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. May 18. The dinner includes half a chicken, baked potato, applesauce, green beans, roll, beverage and pie. Cost is $9 for adults and $6.50 for children ages 12 and under. Eat in or carryout is available. For more information call 330-549-2588.
- SALEM - The Banquet in Salem will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Memorial Building. Next week's sponsor is Friends of the Banquet. The menu offers penne pasta and meatballs, peas, salad, pears, fresh fruit and vegetables and ice cream. Additional sponsors are needed. For more information call Patty Colian at 330-831-2169.
- EAST LIVERPOOL - Majors John and Lauren Hodgson, ambassadors for prayer and spiritual formation from Territorial Headquarters in New York, will lead a spiritual retreat at 6 p.m. May 10 and 9:30 to 2:30 p.m. May 11 at the East Liverpool Salvation Army, 413 E. Fourth St. For more information call 330-385-2086.
- NEGLEY - The Negley United Methodist Church will hold a plant sale and luncheon at 10 a.m. May 18.