— Diane Fleming, U.S. Route 30, Kensington, reported Tuesday she recently permitted a family friend, Gary M. Phillips, to borrow her 2010 Ford Escape. On May 12, he told her he struck a pothole and damaged it, but told her he would fix it. On May 14, she told him she needed the vehicle back and Phillips told her he would return it on May 18. On Tuesday she called Phillips and he told her the vehicle was not running and it was at the “pits” in Hanoverton. She went to the location he described and found her vehicle covered with mud and with a smashed back window, a smashed windshield, a flat tire, the battery missing and several dents. Deputies told Fleming that since she permitted Phillips to drive the vehicle she would need to seek damages through the civil courts.

— Kristie Quetot, Echo Dell Road, Middleton Township, reported Tuesday someone used funds from her bank account to buy things in the name of her son, Donald V. Little. He did not buy the items.

— An alarm was reported sounding from inside a Carmel-Achor Road, Rogers, home at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday. Deputies could hear the alarm when they arrived, but the doors and windows appeared secure. A family member entered the house by climbing through a window and discovered the battery in the smoke detector was weak and needing replaced.

— Robbie L. Tucker, state Route 45, Lisbon, reported suspicious activity at the Twin Oaks Mobile Home Park at 2:32 a.m. Sunday. The area was checked, but no one located.

— Deputies responded to an interior motion alarm inside a Brandon Drive, Yellow Creek Township, home at 11:05 a.m. Tuesday. All the doors and windows were secure.

— The county jail assistant warden contacted deputies at 12:31 p.m. Tuesday to turn over a ZTE phone found in Pod 30. A corrections officer was making the rounds in Pod 33 and returned to her desk to find someone had left the phone sitting there wrapped in a sock. It is unknown which inmate turned in the phone.

— Lisa M. Martin, Yeager Drive, Madison Township, reported Tuesday, Shane McCutcheon took her $300 speaker from her home without her permission and was refusing to give it back. She told deputies she is still paying for the speaker through her phone provider. Deputies attempted to call McCutcheon, but were unsuccessful.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *

Starting at $4.61/week.

Subscribe Today